? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday 15 June 2009

Hurting Poetry

Writing is a good way of dealing with depression. I suppose that there are billions of us out there under twenty and going through similar stuff, it's just I write things down. It's a good way of getting the thoughts out of my head. If any of this stuff touches you, or strikes a chord with you anywhere, then my work is done, my goal has been reached. If any of you would like to talk about it leave a comment or if you want to talk about any of your issues email me direct at bethanpyrs@gmail.com. I am not a councillor of any sorts but I know what it's like to hit bottom and not being able to pick up where you left off. If you just need an ear. Mail me. So here goes. More demony stuff for you.
Thousand Pieces
I'm on my knees, falling so raw
A thousand pieces of me fall to the floor
My heart in the corner just under the sink
My body is numb, I don't know what to think.
A moment ago I was lost in embrace
Just looking at kindness, a smile on your face
I'm trying to work out what happened from there
Trying to breathe now, I sit in the chair.
-----
Your sweeping the floor now, and laughing at me
Telling me what went on-that I didn't see
And all the while I'm listening, wandering, surreal
Is this the way it's really meant to feel?
My cheeks burn, My eyes wet
My legs want to run, I pray to forget
I'm trying to work out what happens from here
My ears are on fire, I'm not moving through fear.
------
You kiss the top of my head, it sincere as it feels
And talk about fresh starts and making deals
Another small part of me falls to the floor
I steady myself and I walk to the door
I don't understand what your doing to me-
I don't get what keeps me here I should be free.
But on and on the circle goes,
Where it stops no one knows
------
What keeps me bound as you pick me up
And glue me back together?
What makes you want to know as your
piecing me up like a jigsaw?
What makes you the master and
me the fuckup?
And why does no one see me cry
In a thousand little pieces?
-----x-----
Deceived
In a veil, sheltered so warm
Buffered in darkness, she weathers the storm
Crashing around her brings her to her knees
Not knowing who's honest she turns, she flees
And in that surrender she looses herself.
Turning, Running,
Grabbing, Grasping
Falling
------
Around her the world turns,She burns
Unknowing not throwing her caution to the wind,turns
Trusting, laying her life and soul on the line
To those who believe themselves better and fine
And in that surrender she cheats herself
Begging, Trusting
Telling, Learning
Falling
-----
Towards a friend she sees a bright hope
A way to release, a way she can cope.
But the friend is truly a foe in disguise
Who rips her to shreds, analytical eyes
Prying and probing so again she flees
Running, Sobbing
Hurting, Harming
Falling
-----
Enveloped between shelter and pain
She covers the hurt and walks through the rain
Stuck in between a group who seems false
She dances elegantly in the macabre waltz
Being double crossed as she goes
Tripping, Crying
Chained, Escaping
Falling
-----x-----
After reading some of this work you probably think I am really dark. I'm not I'm an ok person unfortunately when I write this is what comes from my pen-sorry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having sufferred depression myself for many years (and I'm definitely NOT under the age of twenty any more!) I can empathise wholeheartedly with the poetry you are writing. I get by with the help of my husband but having read your earlier posts it also sounds like you'r not in any hurry to get involved. I'll keep reathing. Good luck Bethan and thanks for being brave enough to commit this to paper.

Heather B

Bethan Pierce said...

Thanks for your comments Heather. It affects us all in different ways, I think we all have our off days. It seems my creativity is better when I'm off. I know if sounds silly but it's true. Hope things get better soon for you hun! It's a work in progress. Every day at a time!

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your littlemissbethan.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend George