? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday 15 June 2009

Rules and Regulations



Your waiting for me to say that rules are there for being broken, right? Well unfortunately I'm going to say the opposite about some rules. In general i.e. sports they are there to protect the individual and the team and to ensure fair play. In life some of them are there to burden us relentlessly but some of them are there to help us through. These are my golden 3 so to speak. I do try and stick by some of them most of the time but as everyone knows were only human.

1. Treat others as you want to be treated yourself

In other words be a bitch if you want to, but don't expect to be treated like a friend when you need something in return.There are plenty of people out there who seem to think they can step on people because they are quiet or shy. There are also plenty of people who enjoy the drama and want to be the centre of attention all the time. I'll settle for being in the supporting role and being the one who runs around after everyone else. See I'm already taking a back seat at things! I tend to shy away from the bitch big noise types, but I do try to get on with everyone. The other types of people who come under this rule to are the "enforcers" as I call them , the people who leech themselves onto other people and sneak around trying to get into other peoples good books (yes people?). I tend to avoid people like this too.Which leads to the second rule....
2. Never judge a book by it's cover
Were all different. Some people look and make judgements right away. Some people like to look a little deeper. Some people pick and pick till there's nothing left to pick at, and some people are a relentless onslaught on your emotions. I'm a step back kind of girl. I analyse and psychoanalyse and then some. But it's a matter here of be careful what you ask-do you really want to know everything about someone in the first five minutes that you meet, or would you rather get to know someone slowly?
3. If you can't be honest-shut the hell up
One of the things that really gets under my skin is people who try to make themselves out to be better than they are. I live in a terraced house, I'm not going to make it out to be a mansion somewhere, I am working class, in the fact that I live in a terraced house and that my parent earns less than a certain amount of money. I'm also a geek and a bit of a loser which I'm not afraid to broadcast to the world wide web. I read books rather than watch telly, I'd rather stay in than get hammered, but do get hammered occasionally. I'd rather people tell it straight and not hide anything. I have recently met one lady who said that I should "grow a pair". I thought it was the funniest thing I ever heard simply because she was very right.
So these are Beth's golden rules. I know I've just ranted again but I feel better for it! More poetry next time and thanks for reading :)

0 comments: