? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday 12 June 2009

Relationships....Friends and more



I am definitely NOT the best person to give relationship advice. I don't even bother any more. I've come the conclusion that I'm a train wreck waiting to happen when it comes to love so I don't bother. It doesn't stop me from writing about it though. Love is a really strange word. It means really little. I tell my friends I love them all the time in the sense that I would probably be crap without them. I love my mum, my home, some of my possesions, and to all extents and purposes my life. So I have come to the conclusion that you can use the word differently in hues of grey. Anyhoo before I give you my femenista versions of what love is then I want to give you some poetry to think about. Some of it is about one of my ex-es and a date we had a very long time ago. Some of it is just random thoughts (I am using the word random again and for this I apologise profusely). So here we go. All about love, finding it, keeping it and loosing it.
Ads and Fads
"Perfectionist ego, female seeks male"
Joyously singing
I and here-Someone must have noticed
by now
-----
Plump but perfection as God Created
Just another desperate Gill
Seeking her Jack, only in print,
Of Course
Obscure and silent, she twiddles her thumbs,
Where is he? Why hasn't he rung?
-----
Gazing he catches her eye
Love? No embarrassment over coffee
Fluttering false eyelashes
Stutters and Spittles
Then in a flash
Jack meets Gill,
In print?
No, over a pint in the pub,
Of course...
-----x-----
Freedom
Dedicated to Daf
The sun shines through the morning clouds,
The rain has cleared away
The summer wind plays through my hair
The birds are out to play
Your fingers intertwine with mine
Were listening to the sea
I'm laughing when you trip and smile
And lay the blame with me
------
The sand is wet under my feet
Were running on the beach
The footprints tract for miles and miles
Your always in my reach
We turn to head towards the car
Your squinting in the sun
I'm looking at your big brown eyes,
Relaxing, having fun
------
We stop and watch a cricket match
A little further down
You turn to me and kiss my cheek,
My head starts spinning round.
You lift me up upon your back
And sink into the sand
I giggle then and hold you tight
You run towards the band
------
The music, heady steady beats
Is playing in my head
And I'm still writing poetry whilst laying in my bed
The day we spent upon the beach
In childish reverie
It took me back and made me smile
As I felt truly free
-----x-----
Stranger
Encompass me
I know nothing of your cynical insecurities
Torture the thoughts that grow
Somewhere incomprehensible that
Only your virgin eyes touch
------
What do you know?
That no one else could possibly understand?
Which secrets do you hide?
Under that flaxen coat
And unshaven aftermath
------
Do you see me?
Before you pass unwavering?
Seeing everything those
Secrets of desire
crumble
------
Age old Innocent
Purer than the driven snow
Yes we knew each other once
We were a long time ago
Lost souls on the road to nowhere
Comprehending everything
Now,
We pass
Un-Acknowledging and cold
Suburban lovers
Urban strangers
------x-----
Safe
A little time to call my own
Not without company never alone
Hold me tight
Without the resilience
I put up no fight
-----
I'm safe when your near me
I'm falling no more
My place is familiar
I'm welcomed, secure
I turn in to kiss you
Your lips welcome mine
And shivers of laughter
Run, chilling my spine
------
Our lips locked together
Our bodies as one
Entwining our souls now,
We sing the same song
The harmony strengthens
Each moment with you
The chords that your striking
Are making me new
------
And melting my heart
Compose me a symphony
Respecting my art
Our souls are in unison
rhythmic and free
Encompass the bars that were
lost within me
-----
I feel your soul shudder
Crescendo, release
And smile as I'm certain
That I am at peace
I'm safe in your arms now
Forever awake,
Assured in the knowledge,
The music we make
-----
My home is within you
Your sanctity mine
Such blessed surrender
Together we shine
-----x-----
Erm....I really don't know where that last one came on. My demon is a naughty boy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing poetry, but I think that I could change your opinion of relationships. I've emailled you my number. Call me.

Bethan Pierce said...

Whilst I appreciate you reading and enjoying my work on this blog I don't appreciate getting semi nude photos of men sent to my email address. Please refrain from sending such things again.