? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday 26 July 2009

Put on a serious face for a minute...please

My next post is going to be "different" well for me anyway. I'm just collecting a few pieces together before committing it to blog. Plus that and I'm an enormous wimp and perfectionist who wants to get everything just so before she's happy with everything. So what I have for you is a few poems recently written. Enjoy for now and I promise the next post will be a little better reading than this!!



Bruised


Self inflicted damage,

It seeps under the skin

It's spreading like wildfire

Swirling ancient blood

Coagulating in a rainbow of colours.

Browns...purples...blues.

A Mosaic of pain

You produced upon yourself

-----

A constant reminder

of how fragile you really are.

A collection of burst veins

capillaries scream in agony

Don't do this to me again.

Leave me be.

Tortures hues of calligraphy

too tender to the touch.

-----

The heat radiates from it

the tears have come in

response to the pain.

Under the skin, the healing

process has already begun.

The damage brings blessed relief

But only for a short time.

-----

It will happen again

The process repeats all too often

the bruising, the pain, the relief.

A self inflicted torture,

A cycle unbroken

Asking for assistance,

But nothing comes

-----x------


Spiders


Down in ever decreasing circles,

Round and around their fragile webs they weave,

Skirting the edges

Never touching the centre

For it will snap and disintegrate

------

Breakable silk, smooth to the touch

We fill the holes, strengthening against the winds,

Anticipating deterioration

Awaiting some disaster

we prepare to stand.

------

We continue, maneuvering, building

Responding to some destruction

Renegotiating our positions

In this warfare,

Of keeping a safe sanctuary for ourselves.

------

One day, it is inevitable

we will all fall down and flounder

In the dust, above where we built

our tangled webs.

And we will begin, once more, afresh

-----x------


Lost in translation

Tell me what you mean!

I don't understand!

I'm not from your country

I'm not from YOUR land

Were on different continents

So very far apart

You'll never understand me

So don't you even start.

------

Don't tell me what I shouldn't do

Don't tell me what I should

I'd love to hit your stupid face

I know I never could

------

So you go on in ignorance

For ignorance is bliss

I will not argue, fight or disagree

It all comes down to this.

------

I don't want to understand you

And the fact your in my face

When you hardly even know me

Is such a disgrace.

-------

Go back to where you cam from

Leave me the fuck alone.

Exit my life now please

Crawl back under your stone


Written for my mothers ex-boyfriend just in case people start getting paranoid :)


Tweeter addict


Who wants to know what I'm doing today?

Who wants to hear me? Who wants to play?

All set down in very few words

A blog of some sorts, invented for nerds

And Geeks just like me

Who in fact, really really wants to see

What my friend in France is wearing to town

Sent in a twitpic, I'll music a blip

And hope that my tastes don't make people sick.

------

140 tiny little words can encompass a persona

Attract people or repel them if you're a loner

Follow him, follow her, oh, that's just a bot

Look at her face, she's really cool-NOT!
Hashtags I cry, how do I use these?
Now they are things of relative ease
And some of them stupid and some of them daft
Most of them really just make me laugh.
-------
My favourite is #speshal but I can't tell you why
It's a personal favourite I cannot lie,
This twitter is mental, your sharing your life
With someone somewhere who could be
well, #speshal if you let them in
But also quite random, or miserable as sin
So have fun with tweeting, just be true to you
Don't let others treat you like poo
(Some will if you let them bit you can just block
Or don't let them in and teach them to knock!)
I love my twitter, I wouldn't go without
I finally get myself heard
without having to shout
------x------

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I simply adore the spider poem love!

Of course you knew I would.

Bethan Pierce said...

I thought you may :)