? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Even the deepest blues are black

Friends, the people in our lives we most take for granted. This is for you.


Masque

How did we get here when the road ahead is black?
Turning in circles too scared to look back,
Moving ever onwards into the great unknown,
Afraid of becoming stagnant, of turning to stone.
Unsure of how I found you
Too scared to let you go,
Petrified of your newness
My head keeps saying no.
-----
How did you see me behind my careful mask?
Was it some kind of kinship, or some kind of task?
Why do I doubt your motives, and push you away?
Instead of cherishing what I've been given, please stay.
Unsure of who I am,
Too scared to find the answer,
My heart beats in my throat
It eats me up like cancer.
-----
I hold your hand too tightly, constricting, breathing,
Still turning in blue circles and hating what I'm feeling.
I want to let you be free of me, to carry on alone,
You'd be better off without me, the girl without a home.
But I've loved you forever,
You know who I am,
So onwards were moving,
I don't give a damn.
-----
Your eyes haunt me, as red as the blood in my veins,
But kindness is all I see behind them, I work, I strain.
I doubt my own instincts, you carry me along,
I'm weak in this journey, your the one who's strong,
You don't have to,
But you continue,
You carry me,
We're almost free.
------

How to move forwards of the chains that have bound me?
To look at the scars that stain and surround my skin, for all to see?
Will I ever be able to move along the path, with your hand in mine?
Is it just a matter of love, or a matter of time?
I'm broken,
A token,
Afraid to leap
Afraid to speak.
-----

Without you there is no path, no where for me to go.
Without you there I loose my way I'm running to and fro.
I learn therefore to ask for help, when I am most in need,
And then I know your more than that, you are a friend indeed.
We dance to a masque
Try to forget our past,
Step by step,
Never looking back.



3 comments:

LeLe said...

This is beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

I cry. ∞snuffles∞

Bethan Pierce said...

*hands you a tissue* I'm sorry :(