? ??????????????Basement Glowing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 5160 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Short Circut? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1414 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday 10 October 2009

Getting on with it


This blog has been used as an online diary for far too long! I've been quite productive in the last few days. To think that they hardly give us enough time to think creatively on this course never mind write creatively! Here are two of my latest works.


A bit random but enjoy...



Ode To a Dead Bird

She holds the carcass in her hands

As gently as a child,

He sang her morning reverie

When he was young and wild,

A teardrop forming at her eye,

She holds him to her breast;

He was the only one she loved,

The one who knew her best

-----

She strokes the feather of his wing

His crumpled downy chest,

And holds his coolness to her cheek

The final morbid test,

The teardrops form and finally roll

In tracks down both her cheeks

When she was ill his sorrow song

Comforted her for weeks.

-----

The patch of down upon his chest

Is crumpled white and grey.

The little heart is still within

His soul has flown away.

His tiny dark exotic eyes

She closes with a kiss.

She prays for absolution-

A better place than this.

-----

How she grieves this little girl

For something so contrite,

She wraps him up, puts him to rest

Before the day meets night.

She’s lost him to the otherworld

He sings a different song,

Stolen from her loving hand

It all seems very wrong.

-----

She prays the Lord his Soul to keep

To steer him on his path

The bird who kept her company

The one who made her laugh,

She places him in to the ground,

And covers him with earth

“goodbye my love” she whispers

“You’ll never know your worth”

-----x-----

Loner

I don’t know where to turn

Who to run to

Where to learn?

I don’t know who wants to know

Where to hide?

Where to go?

-----

Unsure, I slip and fall

To my knees I cannot crawl

I can’t move forwards,

Can’t move back,

There’s too much weight

Upon my back.

-----

I turn on the spot,

I need to hide,

From all the bitterness inside.

I feel so empty

I’m incomplete,

But still I cannot find my feet.

-----

I panic for a little while

Thinking of that extra mile

I push and pull

With all my might

And work too hard

Into the night.

-----

And then the darkness

Takes a hold,

I lost my heart

I lost my soul.

I never found that open door,

Just fell over on the floor.

-----

If I move on and loose my way

Will there ever be a day

Where I stand tall?

And through it all

Become who I want to be?

The really “real” me.



My Love

You're the first thing I think of
Each morning when I rise.
You're the last thing I think of
Each night when I close my eyes.

------

You're in each thought I have
And every breath I take.
My feelings are growing stronger
With every move I make.

------

I want to prove I love you
But that's the hardest part.
So, I'm giving all I have to give
To you... I give my heart.


Dreamer

You have come to me from a distant land, 
Dreamer of dreams, to fill my hearts desire,
 Sweet music flowing from your nimble hand 
That plays within... to light my passion's fire.
-----
  A symphony of word and thought you bring.
 Excitement builds upon crescendo's sound, 
Brought forth in tones to make my light heart sing 
For all the beauty that, with you, I've found. 
----- 
A life is changed in just an instant's time,
 All darkness fled before that brillaint sun 
That shines from spoken words of softest rhyme
 And speaks of treasures, only just begun.  
-----
This mystic meeting gives my heart a glow 
That few have seen and only you will know.
-----x------
I awake each day with a smile 
And greet it with a laugh;
 The world is a treasure to me
 Because of you.  
Every time I think of something sad, 
I replace the thought- with you. 
My mind is instantly changed 
And my heart is filled with gladness. 
 Every breath I take is meant for you, 
I live this life surrounded in joy
 And I bathe in the promise of your love,
 My soul belongs to you.  
Each time I see something beautiful 
I want to take it and bring it to you;
 My life has so much meaning now
 All because of you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just had to say I LOVED Loner, it really spoke to me, thanks honey for shering this.

Anonymous said...

I liked the ode. Very heart felt. I'll take the anthology with me on Wednesday and see what they say.

Shan
xx

Bethan Pierce said...

Thanks guys, the fact that you read my blog is amazing, and that you like my poetry, well that's a huuuuge bonus!!

Your uncle Bitch said...

Bet, come out and let u'r hair down. Bein a gay man in London I need you sane :X Big loves

Uncle Sam

Bethan Pierce said...

Auntie Sam is awesome